This study guide can be used throughout your AQA A2 Music course to support your schoolwork, and follows the specification for exams from summer 2013 onwards.
- Detailed step-by-step analysis of the two set works: Elgar’s 1st Symphony and Shostakovich’s 5th Symphony
- In-depth commentary on each of the three Areas of Study, covering a varied selection of music
- Revision of the technical vocabulary already learnt for the AS listening paper, and a comprehensive section covering the new terms required at A2 level
- Structured advice that will guide you successfully through any of the three composition briefs for Unit 5
- Valuable guidance on how to prepare for your final performance for Unit 6
- A glossary of key technical terms
Written in a clear and approachable style by an experienced teacher and examiner, this book will help you to prepare thoroughly for all aspects of your A2 Music exam.